Everything you need for the production and automatic optimization of 3D content.
nstaLOD delivers award-winning polygon optimization at blazing-fast speeds even when operating on large data sets with multiple millions of polygons.
• Award-winning polygon optimization technology
• Adaptive skeletal mesh optimization for perfect animations
• Fine-grained control over optimization for power users
InstaLOD’s multi-resolution remesher is fast, memory efficient and can easily handle big data input with multiple millions of polygons.
• Remeshing that delivers on quality, speed and versatility
• Turn unprepped high-polygon 3D data into realtime ready assets
• Handle every situation from individual objects to complex scenes
Reducing the amount of draw calls required to render a scene is paramount to achieving a flawless experience. InstaLOD is capable of reducing draw calls by combining multiple material textures into a single material texture.
• Break the GPU bottleneck by merging your draw calls
• Scalable packing and atlas texture creation
• Full support for skinned and static geometry
CAD Import and Tessellation
Experience ultra-robust CAD import and tessellation for both native and portable file formats. With InstaLOD’s CAD Live Link you can selectively retessellate specific parts of your assembly even long after the scene has been fully loaded. Get a handle on huge assemblies with scene import rules.
• Native CAD Import and Tessellation
• Scriptable scene rules for automation and content regeneration
• Handling of meta data and assembly attributes
Removing polygons that are not visible to the observer is one of the most important workflows to achieve a smooth experience when rendering complex geometry or scenes. InstaLOD supports a fully automatic and highly scalable occlusion culling engine.
• Fully automatic removal of interior geometry with zero configuration
• Powerful camera based occlusion culling to minimize polygon throughput
• Support for multiple perspective and orthogonal cameras
Imposters and Foliage
Using stand-in geometry for foliage is one of the most widely adopted techniques for foliage rendering. InstaLOD supports the creation of a wide variety of different imposter types.
• One-click imposter generation for objects and entire scenes
• Automatic creation of texture maps such as ambient occlusion, displacement and normal map
• The new hybrid billboard cloud imposter retains depth and animation information
Baking and UV Tools
InstaLOD is a versatile toolkit for mesh processing: Automating UV unwrapping or packing, conforming normals or automatically filling holes are just a small sample of the available algorithms. To bridge the texturing gap, InstaLOD comes with a fully batchable high-resolution baking solution that generates all textures required for modern texturing or rendering workflows.
• Versatile Toolkit for mesh processing
• Automatic UV unwrapping and packing
• Batchable baking with up to 32k textures
Technology that bonds everything together
InstaLOD revolutionizes your business by automating labor intensive workflows involved in data preparation. Establishing InstaLOD as central data source for your visualization data utilizes the full potential of your existing CAD, Scan or 3D data and enables direct retargeting for any business case with automated processing at minimal cost.
The business case typically begins with preexisting data that needs to be converted into a usable format. InstaLOD can process any kind of input data from dense 3D geometry to large CAD assemblies. With support for more than 50 distinct file formats and a high-quality tessellation engine as well as native CAD format reading capabilities, InstaLOD has the broadest file reading capabilities available. A versatile plugin system enables developers to easily add support for any proprietary file format for both import and export.
Process and Adapt
After the conversion the time-consuming part of data preparation and adaptation begins. To create a visualization asset, the data must be manually adapted to fit the targeted use case. If the source data changes, the process must be repeated. Using InstaLOD as your centralized data source for visualization assets allows you to fully automate this process. These automations range from reducing the number of polygons while maintaining a high-quality surface to cleaning the data hierarchy, assigning materials or fully reconstructing even the most complex scene so it runs properly on the targeted device.
Every platform requires a different form of data adaptation, this makes it very difficult to reuse preexisting data. InstaLOD enables you to retarget your content for any platform: from low-powered virtual reality headsets to high-end workstations used for CG image generation. With InstaLOD’s rule-based automation, it’s trivial to retarget your data for different platforms without having to reinvest into a manual preparation process.
Just push a button, and your data can be regenerated.
InstaLOD is a key enabler for a wide range of different business cases ranging from AAA game productions to luxury car configurators for the world’s top brands. Applications powered by InstaLOD run on almost any device from the internet to an embedded system that’s driving the next-generation dashboard of a car. Increase your sales by building applications that immerse your customers, or improve your design review process by utilizing automatic data regeneration. InstaLOD enables you to build a data-process where flexibility through automation is not just an afterthought.